Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Learn By Example

I thought that if I did a rough rotoscoping of a bear walking it would help me to better understand a bear walking, at least the arm and leg part. I'd converted my ref to a wmv into flash and it was fuzzy. I think some of those front arm curves are off, and I have no idea what's going on with the head. It's about 40 frames total, but every other one is white more or less, so 20, but it plays at 30 fps. I was surprised that even copying the image, it was easier to do the bear by key frames than one frame after the other. It was harder to make out what exactly was happening, but jumping back and forth helped.


I think the exercise helped a little, not as much as I hoped. I'm ready to try a more defined non-rotoscoped cycle now though. I actually think flash would help me with this. I'm used to breaking things into lots of pieces and keyframing parts that can't be motion tweened. I would sketch my bear and the key poses, build it in flash, work on the movement there and then apply it to pencil and paper. I really want a good understanding of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment