Tuesday, February 22, 2011


A week or so ago I saw Jake and the Neverland Pirates and have been watching it off and on since. The animation style inspired me to do something in flash. It makes me hopeful that I can get some very non-flash and more cartoony looking results with the program. When I look at the animation, I analyze it. I look at it as if I was animating in flash and see the break down of parts, the squash and stretch, the separate keys.
I put it off for a while, but since I promised myself I'd try to animate something, I sketched out drawings to a Mario soundbite. "Hey, you're very good. See you next time." The keys run at 15fps on 2s as it is. I usually work at 15fps in flash, and after looking at the playback and the lack of room for tweens, I'm wondering if I should attempt draw everything myself. Usually when I draw characters, the head is mostly symbol animation while the limbs could be a combination of symbols and drawn frames. I also need more practice in toonboom and more practice with hand drawn animation. Because he moves around so much, it'll be a challenge no matter how I do it. I'm not sure what direction I should take it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment