Sunday, March 27, 2011

Friday and Saturday

 

I'm animating more often than I used to. I get anxious to work on more exercises but I have trouble thinking things up.

Here, the character's poses are based on Rayden's from MK1, but he's so in his own style you couldn't tell anyway. The whole set up is meant to look like the Test Your Might segments in between fights. It's a little stiff over all, but considering what I had to work with, that's no surprise. There's actually no reason I needed to mimic Rayden's keys for this. I probably could've done it better on my own, but I initially had intentions of animating Rayden. Unfortunately, I wasn't used to drawing him in an altered style, so I decided to use one of my own characters because he'd be easier to draw and pose. Plus, I've been wanting to animate this little fella. I did the background in photoshop to make it look a little more like a tv cartoon and less like a flash cartoon. It's originally 15fps, but was sped up to 20 since it was so slow paced.

No comments:

Post a Comment