Sunday, January 9, 2011

Book It

The other day I received Preston Blair's Cartoon Animation book in the mail. You know those commissions? That paid for that...and some other stuff, which is beside the point.


I already had the Animator's Survival Kit, which assisted me in this 12 frame run cycle (at the bottom of page 177 yet). I said I wouldn't work on this anymore, but I'm a dirty liar.


I've also started the non-rotoscoped bear animation. I'm taking it one limb at a time. The little bit that's done looks pretty decent, IMO. It's a lot more frames and boy does it feel tedious. My biggest fear is that because I put it in flash it will turn out soulless and flat/stiff. I could add in some squash and stretch to the symbols but it's not the same. Nothing beats a good old fashioned pencil test.

No comments:

Post a Comment