Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mario Hand Animation Challenge



I knew my initial drawings weren't consistent to begin with. How could they be, they were sketched side by side. In flash I was able to resize and adjust things to the point where it wasn't as obvious an issue. However, now that I've gone back to the initial sketches, I run into the same problem but with no do-overs because I was too anxious to start and too lazy fix my keys. Other than that it looks all right considering I've never animated by hand at 24fps, the hand drawn animation I did was straight on, AND I haven't done hand drawn in years. At first I couldn't draw by hand with keys and tweens, and now I don't know how I managed to do otherwise. I don't know why I thought hand drawing an animation would be so impossible a task. It is more work, but it actually doesn't take as long as I thought. Now clean up and coloring? Forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment